Wednesday 24 August 2011

I feel empty.

There is a void in me which I am trying to fill. Up to now I have come to understand that it is a spiritual void, an emptiness that cannot be filled by anyone or anything. I believe that it can only end with a deeper understanding of everything, a spiritual awakening (if there is such a thing), or a perception of things which I still lack. I have my doubts that any of these things exist, and I hope the human void (because I believe all people have this void but not many choose to accept it) cannot be filled simply with superficial and materialistic existence. If it is so, all philosophers, spiritual and religious people, hermits and intellectuals are living a wasted life , and the people in Hollywood, the glamour seekers, the supermodels, fashion designers, corrupt politicians, company owners, gold diggers, rich people and  many more are doing things “right”.
But if the latter is untrue, why is it so widely accepted? Why is it that people reach a point where they believe in nothing but money and power? Why can’t personal fulfillment be reached without a pocket full of cash? When did we lose our sights on things that are important, only to zoom in on things which have really nothing to do with happiness? Have we really become so blind, or are we just now able to see? Mankind does not seek the answers it used to, it has given up its fight, its freedom, and it is not willing to sacrifice anything for things it used to sacrifice everything for.
I do not understand all this and I am afraid I never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment